Senior Software Engineer
Adapx helps a range of businesses and agencies speed data collection and streamline operations with Capturx software. Adapx has developed a full line of Capturx products, which are natural interfaces into Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, PDF, and SharePoint through digital pens and voice. Capturx enables paper designs, maps, and forms to be filled out or marked up with digital pens, which convert the handwriting and integrate the data directly into these market leading applications. Adapx has been recognized by Gartner, as a “Cool Vendor in Emerging Technologies,” by ESRI, as New Partner of the Year Award, among others.
Are you ready to make a bigger impact on a product release? Are you looking for new and interesting challenges? Adapx is looking for motivated, talented programmers to help us solve unique problems. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can help take a product release from conception to release, leading a team of 1-4 other developers. The ideal candidate has worked for startups and has a startup mentality, is passionate about what they do, and enjoys taking part in ensuring the successful launch of a product. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience programming against Microsoft Office or SharePoint. However, this is not a requirement of the position.
Summary of essential job functions
• Lead software development process including design, design review, code review, integration and release
• Responsible for planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner
• Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to coding tasks and specifications
• Task individual developers with code assignments and own the code quality of the team
• Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports
• Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming
• Evaluate new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate
• Assist lower-level programmers with programming assignments and mentoring
• BS/CS, MS preferred
• Excellent knowledge of C#, C++ or Java and one scripting language
• Ability to work as part of a tight team structure or individually
• Good leadership abilities
• Strong understanding of Programming Patterns and when to apply them in real world situations
• Excellent grasp of architectural concepts
• Good English communication skills
• Experience shipping commercial software
• 7+ years in industry
• Experience with Excel Object Model
• Cell Phone platforms knowledge SharePoint/MOSS programming experience
If you’re interested, send me (firstname.lastname@example.org) your resume and cover letter. I can submit directly to the hiring manager.