I’m impressed with how well this video demonstrates techniques for covering the talking points that everyone will deal with during a job interview. John Heaney walks you through the following points:
- Briefly introduce yourself and speak about your personal strengths, linking them to the employer’s needs.
- Show how your talents apply to the position and give specific examples of your accomplishments.
- Make your stories memorable.
- Provide measurable evidence of your success.
- Summarize your key attributes
- Show interest in the employer’s current projects
The example shown in the video is for a project manager working for a software development company. However, follow his example, plugging in your own responses tailored to your job environment. This can help you practice the skills you’ll need for your next interview.